Attic exhaust fan sparks Liberty Lake house fire

Spokane Valley Fire Department (SVFD) and Spokane County Fire District 8 units responded to a house fire in the 300 block of N. Molter Road shortly after 2:30 pm Thursday afternoon.

One of the two residents was outside in the yard, smelled smoke and noticed smoke coming from the roof vents of the home. He quickly went inside to alert his wife and together they safely evacuated with their two dogs and called 911. 

No injuries were reported.

The SVFD fire investigator determined the cause of the fire was an attic exhaust fan that dropped overheated parts onto the insulation which led to a smoldering fire. A damage estimate is not yet available.

Spokane Valley Fire Department would like to remind residents to quickly evacuate any structure when smoke or fire is present and call 911. Additionally, working smoke alarms save lives.

(story & photo: KHQ.com)

 
 

title

Content Goes Here