Another big drug and guns bust in Moses Lake marks the fifth to make headlines this month.
Grant County Sheriff's Office says five people were arrested for drugs, stolen property and guns charges. Most of the suspects already had warrants out for their arrest.
Interagency Narcotics Enforcement Team detectives were conducting a follow-up investigation when they witnessed 45-year-old Raymond Martinez complete a hand-to-hand drug deal. INET detectives asked for Moses Lake police officers to assist, and Martinez took off running when he saw approaching patrol cars.
Martinez ran into an apartment at 512 North Grape Drive. Detectives, concerned due to Martinez’s criminal history, were granted search warrants and called for the Moses Lake Regional Tactical Response Team. TRT hailed for Martinez to come out and he refused. TRT then forced entry and took Martinez into custody.
Martinez was lodged in the Grant County Jail on suspicion of:
- Possession of drugs with intent to deliver
- Delivery of a controlled substance
- Possession of stolen property
- Possession of a dangerous weapon (a dagger found in his truck)
- An outstanding Department of Corrections warrant
Four others were also arrested related to this incident:
- Rebecca Fleming, 47, for possession of heroin
- Slade Hardesty, 24, for an outstanding warrant
- Veronica Chavez Ramirez, 32, for an outstanding warrant
- Brittney Gonzalez, 23, for an outstanding warrant
(story and image: KHQ.com)