House fire near Sagle after diesel used in fireplace


house fire - diesel in fireplaceSelkirk Fire of Sandpoint would like to remind residents not to use an accelerant to ignite their in-home fireplaces, after a tenant caught their home on fire while using diesel to start their fireplace.

Fire crews responded to the structure fire Thursday afternoon south of Sandpoint on Highway 95, north of Dufort Rd near Sagle, Idaho.

Firefighters made an aggressive attack and knocked down the flames within 30 minutes.

The tenant sustained only minor injuries.

The damage is estimated in excess of $300,000. 

(story: Lexi Perry, Producer, KHQ.com; photo: Selkirk Fire & EMS)

590 KQNT · Spokane's News Radio

Listen Now on iHeartRadio