(STORY IMAGE:KHQ.COM)

SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. -Spokane Valley firefighters quickly extinguished a house fire in Spokane Valley after they say a driver ran into the gas meter of a home on 6th and Fox.

The fire broke out around 8 p.m. Wednesday. Responding crews said there was no extension into the attic and minor damage in the adjacent bedroom. Several resources responded including 14 fire apparatus, two ambulances and multiple deputies from the Spokane County Sheriff's Office.

Four people inside the house were able to escape as firefighters worked to put out the house fire and an accompanying vehicle fire. When firefighters entered the home, a dog was found and rescued.

It's not known if the driver of the car was impaired at the time of the crash.

 No injuries were reported