(PHOTO AND STORY: KHQ.COM)
The city of Spokane is fixing its streets after they launched a $1 million program to repair the damages from the extreme wet weather the city has seen in the last six months.
The program is called Fix-it-Fest and is aimed to help repair damaged arterials and potholes.
Here are the areas the city has listed to fix:
- Planned Freya – Empire to Rowan District 1 Grind & Overlay
- Planned SE Blvd – Regal to 29th Ave. District 2 Grind & Overlay
- Planned Maxwell – Maple to Washington District 3 Grind & Overlay
- Planned 17th Ave – Perry to Fiske District 2 Grind & Overlay
- Planned Assembly – Rowan to Francis District 3 Grind & Overlay
- Planned Garland/Empire – Howard to Nevada District 1 & 3 Grind & Overlay
- Planned Crack Seal All Districts Crack Seal
- Planned Pothole Repair All Districts Pothole Repair
- New 4th Ave – Wall to Washington District 2 Grind & Overlay
- New Freya/Thor – Sprague to Second District 2 Grind & Overlay
- New Freya – Upriver to Empire District 1 Grind & Overlay
- New Sharp Ave – Pearl to Hamilton District 1 Thin Overlay
- New Sunset Blvd. – Royal to Gov’t Way
- District 2 Thin Overlay New Thor/Freya – Third to 11th Ave. District 2 Thin Overlay
- New Upriver Dr. – N Center to Greene District 1 Chip Seal
- New A St – Driscoll to Rowan District 3 Chip Seal
- New Addison – Empire to Rowan District 1 Chip Seal
- New Nevada – Lyons to Lincoln District 1 Patch Repair
- New Broadway – Chestnut to Lyons District 3 Patch Repair
- Postponed Thorpe Rd – City limits to Westwood District 2 Grind & Overlay
- Postponed Palouse Hwy. – Regal to Freya District 2 Grind & Overlay
- Postponed Altamont – Hartson to Sprague
The work includes over eight miles of repairs.
The city says all of the Fix-it-Fest projects will last through the summer and should be completed by the fall.