(PHOTO AND STORY: KHQ.COM)
There's probably a good chance you got out the sprinkler for your kids with the 80 degree temperatures we've had over the last couple days. It is definitely that time of year when we all enjoy some refreshing playtime in the water.
The City of Spokane will be opening all of their splash pads from May 27th - September 10th for the 2017 summer season. Splash pads are open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Swimming pools will be open from June 19th – August 26th.Here are all the new splash pad locations:
These new splash pad have interactive features.
- Audubon Park 3405 N. Milton Ave. (W. Northwest Blvd. & N. Audubon)
- Carson Park 5701 N. Assembly
- Chief Garry Park 2515 E. Sinto Ave. (Mission Ave. & Cook St.)
- Coeur d'Alene Park 2195 W. 2nd Ave. (W. 4th Ave. & S. Chestnut)
- Franklin Park 302 W. Queen Ave. (Queen Ave. & Division St.)
- Friendship Park 631 E. Greta (Greta Ave. & Standard St.)
- Glass Park 627 E. Heroy Ave. (Heroy Ave. & Cincinnati St.)
- Grandview Park 17th Ave. & “D” St.
- Manito Park 1702 S. Grand Blvd. (17th Ave. & Grand Blvd.)
- Pacific Park 5211 W. Lowell Ave.
- Thornton Murphy Park 3105 E. 27th Ave.
- Shadle Park Longfellow & Elm
- Underhill Park 2910 E. Hartson Ave.
The following splash pads were built previously and are operational with water for kids, although the features are not the same as the new splash pads.
- Mission Park 1208 E. Mission
- Nevada Park 3933 E. Courtland St.
- Grant Park 1100 E. 9th Ave. (11th Ave. & Arthur)
- Sharpley-Harmon Park 6018 N. Regal St. (Bismark & Market)
For swimming pool locations, click here: https://my.spokanecity.org/recreation/aquatics/