UPDATE: Overheating heating unit cause of smoke at Chase Middle School

 

UPDATE: 

Spokane Firefighters say they believe the cause of smoke at Chase Middle School on Wednesday morning was an overheating heating unit. 

Firefighters say all is fine now and the kids are back in school. There is no need for parents to come to the school. 

PREVIOUS COVERAGE:

The Spokane Fire Department is responding to a report of a fire at Chase Middle School. 

Kids have been evacuated from the building. 

Firefighters are still investigating the scene. 

A parent told KHQ that her son told her there was a fire in the library, however, KHQ has yet to independently confirm that. 

KHQ has a reporter on the scene. Stay tuned for updates. 

Morning News Express

Morning News Express

Want to know more about Morning News Express? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on 590 KQNT! Read more

title

Content Goes Here