A Spokane family says they are lucky to be alive after carbon monoxide sickened them.


Debbie and Steve Smith say their 4-year-old daughter, Lily, woke them several times in the night complaining of bad dreams.


That was when Debbie noticed feeling sick and foggy-headed.


It was pronounced enough that she called 911 and they were all treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.


Carbon monoxide levels in a home should not exceed 30, and the Smith's home measured at 760.


Steve Smith says the family purchased a carbon monoxide detector that could have alerted them of the danger, but he hadn't installed it.