Investigators said a teenage boy murdered his father and brother in an attack near N. 1st Street and Spokane Avenue Monday night.   Court documents released Tuesday showed the suspect confessed following his arrest. 

Authorities said the teen, Eldon G. Samuel III, 14, was charged as an adult for two counts of First Degree Murder. The suspect faced a judge Tuesday afternoon in Kootenai County. The judge set bail at $1 million. 

Police said the attack occurred at a home around 9:30 p.m. Monday.

Police entered the home and found the suspect's father and brother dead in a room next to the kitchen. The victims were identified as Eldon Gail Samuel Jr., 46, and Jonathan Samuel, 13.  The police report stated bloody footprints were found at the scene as well as blood on the ceiling. 

Officers arrested the 14-year-old murder suspect. He later confessed to killing his father and brother. 

The suspect told investigators that his father took medications and often beat him. He claimed his father also took medications and would talk about zombies. He told authorities that his father fired 'a shot' Monday night while he was outside talking about zombies. The father entered the home and a fight began between him and the 14-year-old according to police. 

The teenage suspect claimed his father pushed him during the argument, so he shot his father once in the stomach. The .45 caliber pistol was hidden under the couch according to court records. The suspect told authorities that his father crawled into another room where the younger brother, Jonathan was hiding under a bed. The teenager admitted to shooting his father three times in the head. He claimed he was afraid of his father "coming after him" according to court records. 

The teenager said his father was dead when he attacked his brother. Court documents stated that the teen admitted he shot the 13-year-old who was hiding under a bed. The 13-year-old victim was then stabbed multiple times with a large knife. The murder suspect admitted to grabbing a machete when his brother appeared to still be alive. Records stated the suspect stabbed his brother up to 30 times with a machete.  

The teenager allegedly told authorities he did not feel bad about killing his brother. The suspect informed officers that he 'hated' his brother.  During an interview, he admitted to mentally preparing to kill his father and brother for about eight months according to the police. 

The Samuel family moved from California to Coeur d'Alene about four months prior to be closer to their grandfather. 

The home where the shooting took place was one of North Idaho's St. Vincent de Paul's emergency housing program units.  The Director said they have never seen anything like this in any of their homes.

The murder appeared to be the first homicide in the city of Coeur d'Alene in some time. In December of 2013, the police department said there had not been a murder in Coeur d'Alene for about five years.